March 7, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts

Tax Reform: How does it impact me?

December 22, 2017

Please reload

Featured Posts

Take a second look at your medical spending

November 14, 2017


Have you already spent the money you set aside in your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2017? 

Have you contributed the maximum amount to your Health Savings Account (HSA) ($3,400 for individuals & $6,750 for family coverage)?


Consider increasing your FSA contribution for 2018.  Remember it is a use it or lose it contribution, but if your medical expenses are consistent or predictable consider an increase.  Your contribution decreases your taxable income.


Your HSA contributions are not a use it or lose contribution.  You can keep your HSA contributions in your account beyond the current year so the account can accumulate well into the future.  You also don't have to make the contribution through your employer (paycheck).  You can make the contribution directly to the HSA account and can be made up through the due date of your tax return.  So, this is a tax strategy you can implement during the preparation of your taxes and does not have to be done by the end of the year.  Like the FSA contribution an HSA contribution decreases your taxable income.


If you became eligible during the year to make HSA contributions you can make a full year's worth of deductible HSA contributions for 2017.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2015 by Clark & DeaKyne, LLC Proudly created with

Clark & DeaKyne, LLC

Telephone: 317-244-3177

Fax: 317-244-4036

5610 Crawfordsville Road, Suite 1602

Indianapolis, IN 46224

Contact Us
Socialize With Us